Travel Website Tripadvisor has revealed the ten best Chinese Restaurants in the UK compiled by average reviews of customers and residents of London might be surprised to know that not a single one is in their city. Top of the list was The Golden Horses restaurant in St Helen’s, Merseyside.
Seven of the top ten listed below are in the north-west of England, though whether this has anything to do with people in the north-west being more generous and less critical than those in the rest of the UK can only be speculated on.
One reviewer of the Golden Horses said “the food is so fresh the service and staff are so welcoming and attentive, its a modern restaurant and its nice and has a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere and you are not rushed like you are in some restaurants.”
The list in full: Top 10 UK Chinese restaurants according to TripAdvisor Reviewers
1. The Golden Horses, St. Helens
2. The Lady Jade, Liverpool
3. Michael Wan’s Mandarin Cantonese Restaurant, Blackpool
4. Coconut Tree Noodle Bar, Herne Bay
5. Hoya’s Cantonese Restaurant, Heywood
6. Maple Tree, Marple
7. China Red, Guernsey
8. The Zen Restaurant, Lytham St. Annes
9. Wings Chinese Restaurant, Southend-on-Sea
10. Oriental Delight, Wirral